Annex to the priory our establishment was built in 1711, close to the church of Welferding. Saint Walfrid, patron saint of the parish founded by the Benedictine monks of Tholey gave his name to the village of Welferding united with Sarreguemines since 1964.
After the French Revolution the farm was sold at an auction and the monks were turned away. It then became a place, offering bed and board to carters and their horses who towed barges along the Sarre Canal. Although, until the 70's, the Inn looked more like a village café than a restaurant.
Since 1889, when the name of the ancestor Joseph Bock was first mentioned, the tradition of hospitality and keeping a good table has been perpetuated by five generations of the Schneider family, to the greatest satisfaction of their guests.